Tasty Chinese style pork (Slimming world friendly)

This is a brilliant super quick after work dinner. I work full time so love any either quick after work recipes or slow cooker ones both help me to be organised for the evening meal for my family.

I used pork tenderloin for this recipe but it can be expensive so I usually wait until its on offer somewhere and stock up in the freezer. Morrisons and ASDA often have it on offer.

Although there is no speed food in this recipe you can easily add mushrooms, peppers , onions or even serve it with some simply stir fried vegetables to add more speed food.

I served this with my egg fried rice (You can search for the recipe in the top right hand side search box on this page) I'm sure I should be able to post a link to it but I'm not that handy with a computer!!


Tasty Chinese style pork

400-500g pork tenderloin (trimmed of any fat)
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
1 tbsp runny honey
2 tsp Chinese 5 spice powder
1 tbsp cornflour
Low calorie spray oil


Slice the tenderloin into slices (about the thickness of a pound coin) and put in a dish with the garlic, soy sauce, 5 spice and honey mix well and leave to marinate for about 5 minutes.

Spray a wok or large frying pan with low calorie spray oil and put all the pork and the marinade in and cook over a medium heat until the pork is no longer pink.

Add about 200ml of boiling water and stir well. In a separate small dish mix the tablespoon of cornflour with a few table spoons of cold water, mix well and add to the pan. Stir well and simmer for a few minutes until the sauce is thickened.



Serves 4 at 1 syn per portion



Popular Posts