Sunday, 7 September 2014

Oat Cookies (slimming world friendly)

I found  few different cookie and biscuit recipes that could be slimming world friendly so sorry cant credit everyone but have tweaked the method and cooking a bit and was very pleased with the results.

I was thinking these would be especially good for anyone who doesn't like to eat breakfast and great to anyone who has to eat on the run or as an evening or mid morning snack.

This recipe makes about 10 cookies (depending how big you make them) and if you use the 35g of oats as your healthy extra they are syn free! If you are counting the oats as syns then the cookies work out at about 1/2 syn each.


Oat Cookies 

35g porridge oats
1 egg
4 tbsp granulated sweetener
1 tsp vanilla essence 


Mix everything together well then leave to stand for about 15 minutes. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place small teaspoonsful of the mixture on the tray. Flatten them down a little if you want the cookies flatter.

Bake at gas 5 / 190/ 350 for 8 minutes then take them out turn them over and bake for another 2 minutes. 







21 comments:

  1. Oh god I want to go downstairs and make these right now!!!!!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's spooky!! I made these tonight too but a different recipe. Mine didn't turn out that nice though, they were lacking something but I don't know what. I had cinnamon and ginger in mine but maybe not enough sweetener - I will try yours out though and give them a try!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it a large egg or medium please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made these last night and added half of a multipack sized flake 25.5g i think, (so 3.5 syn for the whole mix) but still struggled to enjoy them, dissapointed i needed something to please my sweet tooth!

    Are the biscuits supposed to be crunchy? Mine were almost like chewwy bread (did i do something wrong?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would these work with weetabix instead of oats? I'm not a fan of oats

    ReplyDelete
  6. mine turned to be on the softer side as well, it may not get that crunchy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ran out of sweetener and decided to use sweet freedom. Please don't do that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ran out of sweetener and decided to use sweet freedom. Please don't do that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Large egg was too much I think medium

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think more sweetener texture was lovely. Would agar nectar work.or maybe an options.
    I added half teaspoon off baking powder..addle 17 grass more oats
    Made 9 largish cookies.6 for breakfast. 1 Sinn each.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was going to have scan bran cake for lunch. Not now it will be oat biscuits with coffee. I have so missed biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made these with a bit extra sweetener plus a bit of cinnamon and a tablespoon of cocoa powder and they were a great little chocolate fix. 1.5 syns for the cocoa powder was well worth it. Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I ask is it granulated sugar or sweetener like canderel

      Delete
  13. I love these thank you! However i am only getting 4 biscuits when i use the recipe and they are very small. How are you getting 10?! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these thank you! However i am only getting 4 biscuits when i use the recipe and they are very small. How are you getting 10?! Thank you

    ReplyDelete