The singing swede !!! ( slimming world friendly)

When I heard of people cooking a swede this way it sounded so bizarre I didnt think it would work but hey for 80p for a swede if it didnt work not got much to lose.

The simple answer is it works and works very well, The nickname 'the singing swede' apparently comes from the noise it makes in the microwave when cooking the swede its sort of whistles...very weird I know...and this is the easiest most basic thing I have ever posted I dont think it could even be called a recipe! You dont need to prick the swede or even wash it as you discard the skin.

Singing Swede

1 swede

Place swede in microwave for 15 minutes turning it over halfway through

THAT'S IT!!

When cooked cut off the top and scrape out all the cooked swede and its done. (see picture for details)


I love that this is a super easy way to cook a vegetable no peeling, chopping, mashing its all done and I love plain swede with loads of black pepper as a side dish so enjoy and I know this is a bit of a daft post but was so pleased it worked thought worth sharing with everyone.


EDIT:  For my US friends a swede is known over with you as a rutabaga I believe xx





Popular Posts